Welcome to The Blarghalyzer - TFC game server log parsing made easy!
Simply browse to the .log file on your hard drive and submit the form.
I am continually updating and fixing the blarghalyzer. If you experience problems, please email email@example.com or find me in irc on gamesurge network in #.iN or #ugc-tfc
To view the list of Blarghalyzed logs, click here.
The Blarghalyzer is a tool that allows you to upload the logs from your TFC game server
and view formatted statistics and information. Gamers and team leaders no longer have to worry
about hosting their logs, much less manually loading a program and having to upload all the output
files to a server. Simply find your log file, upload it via the form on this page, and voila! You
may also view the entire history of parsed game server logs that gamers like yourself have uploaded
since the launch of this site.
- Officially launched 4-team support (this had been working for awhile but only as a temporary change, and I forgot about it)..
- Fixed problem where parsed log files could be maliciously altered with rogue code statements in the raw log files. (Thanks Steve R)
- Added enhanced functionality to the page that lists parsed logs, including a search function.
- No longer fails when parsing logs for osaka and other maps with similarly named teams.
- Added some more flag touch message support.
- No longer fails when a sentry gun is killed by a player who is no longer in the game.
- Further corrected the issue with team names in dustbowl logs. Sorry to those of you who keep trying dustbowl logs; they should work now.
- Added more information on page that lists all the blarghalyzed logs.
- Added behind-the-scenes logging of some match info (dates, scores, servers, maps, etc.) that will facilitate future features that will allow better organization & presentation of the blarghalyzed logs.
- Added some output ticks that act like a sort of status bar. The main purpose is to continually send some output to the browser so nothing assumes the lack of output means that things are done happening. This was a problem with some large log files - the log would be successfully blarghalyzed, but output to the screen would stop before the links and success message were displayed.
- No longer fails if player actions occur after match ends (due to grenades/pipes/concs etc that were thrown just before match ended).
- Now understands teams for map dustbowl and other maps with similarly named teams.
- No longer fails when logs have been edited to remove all the 'entered game' lines. (Stats may not be accurate, though.)
- No longer fails when a player is killed by someone no longer in the game.
- No longer fails when game server allows a player to play without logging the steam id. (Stats may not be accurate, though.)
- No longer fails when a sentry gun malfunctions. Added a stat for this.
- Now understands teams for map destroy_l and other maps with similarly named teams.
Issues of which you should be aware:
- If a map has unorthodox team names, the blarghalyzed logs may be mostly empty.
- If the map is not a common one, and it does not have a default flag return time, a default time will likely be assumed.
- If the map is a command point or attack/defend map, the stats will be presented as if it was a CTF map.
- On maps that support green & yellow teams, stats for those teams will not be available in the blarghalyzed logs.
Because of the way the tfc server logs events, the following issues would be present to some degree in ALL log parsers. The difference is how these issues are handled, if at all:
- If a log file has been edited (other than to remove rcon pw's and other very minor changes) there will likely be problems.
- If a player played as Random class, the role the player has each time he/she spawns is not logged, so the blarghalyzer makes the best guess possible based on the player's actions.
- If a player tosses a flag, it is not logged, and the blarghalyzer cannot know that it was dropped. It assumes it is still being carried until the player dies, caps, or a player again touches the flag.
- If a sentry gun (or dispenser or tele) is destroyed by an exploding dispenser or other item, a log entry is not generated. It assumes the SG/disp/tele is still up until the player leaves or builds a new one or the match ends.